Welcome to the first of a regular series of updates, guiding you through the construction period, with essential information from the ground upwards.
We appreciate the inconvenience that roadworks can cause, especially on busy roads such as this one. This is why Cormac are keen to ensure you are kept up to date with how and when the work will be carried out.
The A390 between Threemilestone and Arch Hill is one of the busiest roads in Cornwall, carrying around 30,000 vehicles each day. Following years of planning, and extensive funding, this works will aim to improve the flow of traffic, support the approved developments along the corridor and encourage a modal shift towards more sustainable methods of transport.
Chyvelah construction overview
Duration: 32 Weeks
Day time operations between hours of 07:30 - 18:30.
Enforceable 30 mph temporary speed limit now in place between Threemilestone roundabout and Maiden Green roundabout.
Access to be maintained throughout.
2 week programme (in order)
• Utilities installed along slip road into Chyvelah. Foot way off the back of Maplins towards Truro to be closed throughout this period.
• Occupy Chyvelah bus stop, and move 25 meters towards Threemilestone.
• General earth works.
• Installation of new drainage systems and deep manhole works.
• Traffic light cabling installed for bus gate.
• General site clearance including temporary removal of street signs.
• 1300 bus passengers to benefit from new bus gate
• Reduce travel times by up to 5 minutes
• Improved flow of traffic
• More pedestrian crossings
• Safer environment in Threemilestone