Project 1 - Events
Funding of Truro's spectacular Christmas lighting scheme, and an annual programme of events and activites
• During 2012 - 2013, the BID part funded the Ice rink.
• The BID has been a lead contributor to the City of Lights Parade. This year contributing a substantial amount of money in order to save the event.
• Programme of seasonal events with themes of fashion, family and healthy lifestyle
o Truro Trend Fashion Week every October
o Get Active Truro event every May and August
Attractiveness & accessibility
Project 3 - Attractiveness & accessibility
Improving the appearance and presentation of the city centre
• The BID has funded over 1,300 additional floral displays that have been supplied, installed and maintained around the city centre to date. The BID scheme made a significant contribution to Truro securing its third consecutive Gold Award and regaining the prestigious Portman Cup at the SW in Bloom awards.
• The Summer bunting brings a bright and lively canopy to the city centre
• Shopmobility - since its initial BID-funding, Go!Truro, the city's Shopmobility scheme has gone from strength to strength.
• Truro Safe. Formed in 2013, the Truro Safe Partnership was set up to respond to the need to improve safety in the evening and at night time within the city.
Project 2 - Marketing
Truro is a great little city, and we aim to tell as many people as possible about it
• The development and creation of the new ‘Truro Brand'
• A collaborative marketing approach with Visit Truro and Truro City council in contributing to the new ‘Truro Guide'.
• Annual Christmas marketing campaign featuring 40,000 printed event guides, public realm advertising, print advertising and radio advertising - all focusing on ‘The magic of Christmas in Truro', ‘The unique shopping experience', ‘Late night shopping' and the key events - Christmas Lights Switch On, City of Lights Procession, Reindeer Parade, New Year's Eve fireworks display.
• Marketing campaigns for Truro Trend and Get Active Truro. Each including printed publications, print and online advertising.
• Social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@enjoytruro) providing a platform for promotion of businesses, events, special offers and interesting observations about Truro.
• The BID ran a series of ‘Street Features' in conjunction with the West Briton, highlighting the secondary areas of Truro including - New Bridge St, Little Castle St, Nalders Court, Pydar Mews and Kenwyn Street.
Best for Business
Project 4 - Best for Business
Helping businesses and their staff make savings through car parking offers. Giving businesses in the BID area a voice to lobby.
• SWW scheme which effected Kenwyn St, Victoria Sq, Little Castle St and River St in 2013. The initial project was going to take 60 weeks but the intervention of the BID resulted in the project actually taking 37 weeks. The constant intervention, business liaison, pr and marketing campaigns helped to support the businesses in this area and maintain the businesses profiles.
• Skills support training. The BID provided subsidised marketing, PR and Social Media training to businesses in Truro.
• Subsidised flood risk assessments to Truro Businesses via Climate Vision.
• ‘My Truro' - A new and innovative scheme to help Truro business growth through collaborative online promotions and marketing activities.